For over 40 years, Rockford Specialties has provided custom laser-cut components to the point-of-purchase, OEM, consumer products, medical and lab supply, and food service industries. As an industry-leading wire forming and laser cutting company, we have continually invested in our facilities, equipment, and employees to provide the highest-quality, most efficient production capabilities.
Rockford Specialties utilizes state-of-the-art technology and rigorous employee training to provide superior metal laser cutting services for clients across a variety of industries.
Precision and Accuracy
Our expert technicians use the Trumpf TruLaser 3030 Fiber Laser to offer exceptional precision and accuracy in our laser cutting services. Our metal laser cutting capabilities and specifications include:
- Cutting Speed: up to 800 IPM
- Cutting Envelope: 60″ x 120″
- Positioning Accuracy: +/- 0.004
- Tolerance: +/- 0.005
- Repeatability: +/- 0.001
Rockford Specialties offers a variety of metal laser cutting services for mild steel, stainless steel, and aluminum components:
- Mild Steel: As the least expensive material, mild steel requires a finish for rust prohibition. We can process components with thicknesses between 0.010 and 0.750 in. These parts are typically welded into an assembly and completed with zinc, nickel, or powder-painted finishes.
- Stainless Steel: We can laser cut stainless steel parts between 0.010 and 0.625 in. Depending on the intended application, we can passivate and electropolish them to purify the material and keep it rust-free. Stainless steel components are typically used in sanitary applications like food service and medical settings.
- Aluminum: Rockford Specialties can process aluminum components with thicknesses between 0.010 and 0.500 in. Often used in OEM parts, aluminum has the advantages of being lightweight and rust-resistant.
Our outstanding technical expertise and industry experience make us the ideal partner for custom parts designed for your specific manufacturing needs. Our dedicated experts work closely with you every step of the way to design, develop, and deliver precision-crafted parts that meet or exceed your expectations. Customers can submit designs in a range of file types and request a design consultation when necessary.
Accepted file types include:
Turnaround and Delivery
Rockford Specialties is committed to meeting your tightest deadlines without compromising quality. Our technicians accommodate short- and long-run production runs with rapid turnarounds from design to delivery. We meet time-sensitive requests by adapting our schedules based on customer demands and providing express delivery options. To ensure your parts arrive in excellent condition, we use safe, sturdy packaging materials.
Trumpf TruLaser 3030 Fiber Laser
Laser-cutting machines are distinguished by the way they generate the laser. Fiber laser cutting machines create the laser using active optical fibers and transport fibers to transmit the laser to the cutting head. Condensed into a narrow beam, this extremely hot laser can cut through metals of varying thicknesses. Fiber lasers are effective across many manufacturing and infrastructure applications for their high efficiency and strength.
The Trumpf TruLaser 3030 combines flexibility, cost-effectiveness, and efficiency to produce precise parts with tight tolerances and minimal waste. With high-speed and precision capabilities, this laser cutter produces a powerful 4 kW laser.
Key features of the Trumpf TruLaser 3030 Fiber Laser include:
- CoolLine: Produces effective cooling to enable tighter geometries
- BrightLine Fiber: Provides high-quality cutting edges
- Detection Eye: Monitors and adjusts laser parameters in real time for consistent cutting
The Trumpf TruLaser 3030 prioritizes operator safety with a unique enclosed cutting area to protect operators from laser exposure. The machine’s many features also support eco-friendly manufacturing by producing maximum efficiency and minimal waste. For example, the patented nozzle design reduces nitrogen consumption by up to 60%.
Benefits of Laser Cutting
Fiber laser cutting enables technicians to produce complex and intricate parts with a high-quality finish. The process provides these distinct benefits for customers:
- Efficiency and Speed: Fiber laser cutting does not require tooling, which reduces setup times. The speed of each production cycle depends on how many inches of cutting and how many pierces per part are required. Generally, the thinner the gauge, the faster the cutting speed. On average, we can produce up to 1,000 parts per hour, depending on the metal thickness and complexity of the part. Parts nesting enables us to eliminate waste by nesting multiple parts on a sheet to optimize part yield. We can also run OT and lights-out manufacturing.
- Precision and Quality: Our automated laser cutting machines can reproduce the most intricate designs with smooth edge finishes that require minimal post-processing.
- Cost Effective: At Rockford, we can laser cut using shop air to minimize the cost of using nitrogen and oxygen. Laser cutting also minimizes material waste. As a result, we can pass on these lower operational costs to our customers in the form of savings.
Metal Laser Cutting Services From Rockford Specialties
Headquartered in Rockford, IL, Rockford Specialties Inc. is a family-owned wire forming and cutting company that has been serving customers for over 40 years. Our experienced technicians utilize state-of-the-art wire-forming and laser-cutting technology to produce precision parts. Our dedicated customer service team works tirelessly to ensure every step of your project, from design to delivery, is carried out flawlessly.
Contact us to discuss your laser-cutting needs or to get a customized quote.